Industrial Talk is chatting with Brandon Acker, President and CEO of Titan Abrasive Systems about “Made in the USA – Is it worth the effort?” The following is a summary of our conversation:
- Made in USA manufacturing with Titan Abrasive Systems. 0:00
- Palo Alto Networks offers zero trust security for operational technology, simplifying management and securing assets.
- Scott MacKenzie interviews Brandon Aker of Titan Abrasive Systems, discussing the importance of “Made in USA” and the steps involved in the manufacturing process.
- MacKenzie highlights the value of collaborating with other industrial professionals and the benefits of attending industry events.
- Made-in-USA products and abrasive blasting equipment. 5:34
- Titan Abrasives President discusses company history and Louisiana connections.
- Brandon emphasizes the importance of “made in the USA” designation for abrasive blast equipment manufacturer American Abrasive.
- US-made products and compliance with government regulations. 10:13
- Brandon discusses the challenges of labeling products as “Made in the USA,” including the complexity of sourcing components from US suppliers and meeting government regulations.
- Brandon also mentions the “Buy American Act” and how it affects vendors selling to the government, with specific percentages for what constitutes “Made in the USA.”
- Brandon discusses US component sourcing for aerospace systems, mentioning a 5-year gap in the government's requirements.
- Sourcing products in the US for quality and patriotism. 15:41
- Brandon discusses the challenges of manufacturing in the USA, including the need for paperwork and filing, and the importance of keeping jobs in the country for personal and business pride.
- The speaker notes that the new NAFTA has made shipping things in and out easier, but it's still important to consider the country of origin labeling and the potential for delays.
- Brandon highlights the importance of evaluating the quality of components and vendors, and determining if it's worth the effort to source products made in the US.
- Scott MacKenzie agrees that it's a no-brainer to work with existing suppliers, but also acknowledges the extra work involved in determining quality and meeting specifications.
- Sourcing components for a business with a focus on quality and USA-made products. 21:22
- Brandon emphasizes the importance of regularly evaluating suppliers and keeping backup sources to ensure quality and consistency.
- Brandon and Scott MacKenzie agree that competition among suppliers leads to better products and practices.
- Brandon discusses the size of components made by their company, mentioning a portable blast machine that's 16 inches in diameter and four feet tall, and blast rooms that can accommodate an airplane or tractor trailer.
- Brandon identifies finding components and cost as the two biggest roadblocks to sourcing components in the USA, particularly for electronics and electrical components.
- Made in USA labeling and FTC regulations. 27:05
- Company provides contact information and website link for inquiries about their Made in the USA products and services.
- Brandon claims to be a veteran but is called out for Stolen Valor.
Finally, get your exclusive free access to the Industrial Academy and a series on “Why You Need To Podcast” for Greater Success in 2024. All links designed for keeping you current in this rapidly changing Industrial Market. Learn! Grow! Enjoy!
BRANDON ACKER'S CONTACT INFORMATION:
Personal LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brandon-acker-71a09465/
Company LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/titan-abrasive/
Company Website: https://www.titanabrasive.com/
THE STRATEGIC REASON “WHY YOU NEED TO PODCAST”:
OTHER GREAT INDUSTRIAL RESOURCES:
Palo Alto Networks: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/
Hitachi Vantara: https://www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/home.html
CAP Logistics: https://www.caplogistics.com/
Saviant Consulting: https://www.saviantconsulting.com/
Industrial Marketing Solutions: https://industrialtalk.com/industrial-marketing/
Industrial Academy: https://industrialtalk.com/industrial-academy/
Industrial Dojo: https://industrialtalk.com/industrial_dojo/
We the 15: https://www.wethe15.org/
YOUR INDUSTRIAL DIGITAL TOOLBOX:
LifterLMS: Get One Month Free for $1 – https://lifterlms.com/
Active Campaign: Active Campaign Link
Social Jukebox: https://www.socialjukebox.com/
Industrial Academy (One Month Free Access And One Free License For Future Industrial Leader):
Business Beatitude the Book
Do you desire a more joy-filled, deeply-enduring sense of accomplishment and success? Live your business the way you want to live with the BUSINESS BEATITUDES…The Bridge connecting sacrifice to success. YOU NEED THE BUSINESS BEATITUDES!
TAP INTO YOUR INDUSTRIAL SOUL, RESERVE YOUR COPY NOW! BE BOLD. BE BRAVE. DARE GREATLY AND CHANGE THE WORLD. GET THE BUSINESS BEATITUDES!