Industrial Talk is onsite at FABTECH 23 and talking to Connie King and Mary Pramik, Workforce Development Team at PMA about “Workforce development the keys to business resilience and success”. Here are some of the key takeaways from our conversation:
- Workforce development in manufacturing. 1:27
- Mary provides background on her work in workforce development and higher education.
- Connie joined PMA in January after being recruited by David, and now works in Workforce Development, helping members with training and development strategies.
- Manufacturing culture and career development. 5:52
- Connie : “Most people don't leave their jobs, they leave their managers or bosses.”
- Mary: “We help change the culture of old manufacturing to work with Gen Z's, who want different things out of life.”
- Scott MacKenzie and Connie discuss the need to inspire the younger generation to consider manufacturing as a career, highlighting the importance of starting education and awareness early.
- Edge Factor is mentioned as an organization that partners with manufacturers to provide career awareness programs in schools and communities, showcasing the various job opportunities available in the industry.
- Workforce development in manufacturing. 11:36
- Scott MacKenzie and Mary discuss the importance of bringing awareness to middle and high school students about manufacturing and the changes in the industry, such as automation.
- They emphasize the need to show students how manufacturing has evolved and how it can be a rewarding and exciting career, despite the negative perceptions of some younger generations.
- PMA members can leverage each other's expertise and resources for growth.
- Scott MacKenzie encourages listeners to connect with PMA and Connie & Mary for workforce development.
Finally, get your exclusive free access to the Industrial Academy and a series on “Why You Need To Podcast” for Greater Success in 2023. All links designed for keeping you current in this rapidly changing Industrial Market. Learn! Grow! Enjoy!
CONNIE KING'S CONTACT INFORMATION:
Personal LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/connieking/
Company LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/precision-metalforming-association/
Company Website: https://www.pma.org/home/
MARY PRAMIK'S CONTACT INFORMATION:
Personal LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mary-onders-pramik-97425a8b/
THE STRATEGIC REASON “WHY YOU NEED TO PODCAST”:
OTHER GREAT INDUSTRIAL RESOURCES:
Hitachi Vantara: https://www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/home.html
Industrial Marketing Solutions: https://industrialtalk.com/industrial-marketing/
Industrial Academy: https://industrialtalk.com/industrial-academy/
Industrial Dojo: https://industrialtalk.com/industrial_dojo/
We the 15: https://www.wethe15.org/
YOUR INDUSTRIAL DIGITAL TOOLBOX:
LifterLMS: Get One Month Free for $1 – https://lifterlms.com/
Active Campaign: Active Campaign Link
Social Jukebox: https://www.socialjukebox.com/
Industrial Academy (One Month Free Access And One Free License For Future Industrial Leader):
Business Beatitude the Book
Do you desire a more joy-filled, deeply-enduring sense of accomplishment and success? Live your business the way you want to live with the BUSINESS BEATITUDES…The Bridge connecting sacrifice to success. YOU NEED THE BUSINESS BEATITUDES!
TAP INTO YOUR INDUSTRIAL SOUL, RESERVE YOUR COPY NOW! BE BOLD. BE BRAVE. DARE GREATLY AND CHANGE THE WORLD. GET THE BUSINESS BEATITUDES!